Tonart's Guitar Exercises
Make sure that you click on the links with the right mouse button and select 'Save As' for the option.
- Dm Etude Parts 1 and 2 - The Dm Etude is a series of exercises that I wrote a number of years ago to focus on
alternate picking. These exercises are easy to learn and work wonders on helping one develop picking technique and
left-hand movement too.
- Neoclassical Sequence in the style of Yngwie Malmsteen This exercise is intended to help you keep your fingers close
to the fretboard. (contributed by Emanuele Taibi <email@example.com>)
- Descent in A Harmonic Minor This is an exercise written in A Harmonic that will help you develop picking and also
control with your left hand. (contributed by Emanuele Taibi <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
Previous Exercises (Do you have an exercise that you would like to share? Mail it to me and I will post it here! )
- Offset Chromatic Picking Exercise- This exercise is designed to help you gain strength, speed and agility in your
alternate picking. Note: this exercise has several repeats preset, use them for maximum benefit.
Left Hand Exercises
- Hammer-on and Pull-off Exercise #1- This exercise is designed to help you gain strength, speed and agility in your
fretting hand. Note: this exercise has several repeats preset, use them for maximum benefit.
- Bend Exercise #1 - This is the first of several exercises designed to help you develop more strength and control over
your bends. This is VERY important for rock and blues guitarists.
- Harmonized C Major Scale with root on the fifth string -Learn all of the chords of C as they move up the neck. All
chords use the same 1-5-1-3 voicing with their root note on the fifth string. This is a very good exercise for
guitarists of all levels, so don't be intimidated if you don't fully understand what I have been saying. It will make much
more sense once you learn the exercise.
Copyright ©1996 Tonart Music